Date: 3/21/21 7:38 am
From: Tim via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Sandhill Cranes report 3/21 S Wangunk Meadows...Harbor Seal
Larry Nichols texted me to report 2 Sandhill Cranes in South Wangunk Meadows in Portland, CT. You can park at the Portland Fairgrounds and walk in along the river and pass a gate at Reservoir Brook. There is a large open wetland/field here. He said they flew north. I looked at the north end of the Meadows from Tryon St-no luck there. Looking now where he had them -no luck here. Crazy though, there is a HARBOR SEAL on a little tree island at the north end of Gildersleeve Island. I’ve never even had that on my radar this far north up the CT River. A wildlife rehabilitation center might want to check this out.

Sent from my iPhone