Date: 3/21/21 7:31 am
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Conesus Inlet WMA
On a chilly but beautiful Saturday (3/20) after a long search from the West side pull off, we observed a sub-adult eagle perched in a snag in the swamp (Conesus Inlet WMA). As we a watched, a second appeared in the same general area. Then, an adult came across the water, followed by one of the juveniles and flew up the ridge to the west of the swamp. A later scan of the swamp from “East Swamp Road” we found the nest in a large pine toward the west side of the swamp. As we watched, we saw 4 more (?) subs, then two adults flying together, one going into the nest. Trying not to double count the birds, we tabulated 5 sub-adults and three adult birds, our record to date!
Also, the same day, we observed an adult on the nest in North Dansville and one on an additional nest near Perkinsville (Wayland area) but none this season on the nest between Wayland and Hornell (off Rt. 21 in Steuben County).

Sent from my iPad