Date: 3/20/21 4:57 pm
From: Lindsey Duval <lindsey.duval...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Halfmoon Town Park Woodcock Bonanza
I just came from the Halfmoon Town Park where I was shocked to find at
least SEVEN American Woodcocks peenting and displaying, along with good
silhouette views of their flight dance, and one right on the edge of the
drive with a little popping hiccup! There aren't even any eBird records for
the site and I was not actually there specifically looking for them. I
assumed they would have never liked the high daytime foot traffic.

The town park is an odd place with trails and sports fields and a
playground surrounded by an alder/birch thicket and a farm field adjacent
and I have found it decent birding year-round.

Lindsey D.