Date: 3/20/21 4:57 pm
From: Gary Bletsch <garybletsch...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Fw: can you post this to tweeters for me?

----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Jim Danzenbaker <jdanzenbaker...>To: Gary Bletsch <garybletsch...>Sent: Friday, March 19, 2021, 07:38:19 PM PDTSubject: can you post this to tweeters for me?
Thanks.
Tweeters,

I visited the north end of Woodland Bottoms (exit Dike Access Road from I-5 at Woodland and head west and then north at the t intersection), Cowlitz County to do some Spring raptor and TV migration watching from 1:05-2:55 this afternoon:
Turkey Vulture: 63 (including one flock of 53!)Bald Eagle: 7 (but loads more circling around but not moving out of the area)Red-tailed Hawk: 8 (only 1 looked like a migrant)Peregrine: 1Sharp-shinned Hawk: 1
Later, I went to visit the sandbar in the Columbia River that held yesterday's Glaucous Gull and was surprised to find two Glaucous Gulls there!  This is 1.1 miles south of the intersection of Dike Road and Caples Road on Dike Road in the Woodland Bottoms.  Timing is important here as the receding tide exposes the sandbar.
Keep your eyes and ears skyward!

Jim--
Jim Danzenbaker
Battle Ground, WA