Date: 3/19/21 3:30 pm
From: Doug & Nina Harr <dnharr...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Glaucous Gull (& more) at Saylorville
Had a fairly good day birding down from Ogden to Saylorville Lake and back,
observing 50 species for the day. FOYs included *Wood Duck, Blue-winged
Teal, Pied-billed Grebe *and a* Glaucous Gull. *The latter was seen flying
up the lake from Sandpiper Rec Area towards the mile-long bridge.

There were thousands of ducks on the upper part of Saylorville Lake,
especially seen from Jester Park. I counted at least 350 *Northern
Pintails*, about the largest number I've seen here in central Iowa since
moving from NW Iowa (where many were always seen in the Spirit Lake area).
I ended up with 19 species of waterfowl today, the largest variety I've
found so far this year.

Doug Harr
Ogden