Date: 3/19/21 2:19 pm
From: Joe Morlan <jmorlan...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Continuing Eastern Phoebe
There is an eBird hotspot (Guadalupe River Trail--north San Jose) to the
north which people are using because eBird has recommended using the
nearest hotspot when one is available. That way records can be accumulated
and assessed as a group rather than having scattered records all over the
place making it hard to mine the data. At least that's my understanding.

Ideally, eBird will allow hotspots to be defined by polygons. This is a
feature that has been asked for a lot and it may happen eventually.

Anyway, we enjoyed seeing the Eastern Phoebe and hearing it singing this
morning from the upper trail. I used the hotspot for my eBird list, but
the actual location of where I saw the phoebe was here:

https://goo.gl/maps/8oXLkjGiBjQMpucM6

--
Joseph Morlan, Pacifica, CA

View/Reply Online (#23951): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23951