Date: 3/19/21 2:11 pm
From: Eve Meier <eve.m.meier...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Live Oak Picnic Area
Hi Everyone,

This morning I birded the Live Oak Picnic Area of Anderson County Park.
There isn't a lot of ebird data for this park so it has been fun to come
often and fill out that barchart! First, I always check for *Wood Ducks*
on the street side of the park (look on top of logs that sit over the quiet
waters downstream). I found about 15 along with *Common Mergansers*, 2 *Hooded
Mergansers*, 2 *Ring-necked Ducks* and lots of *Mallards*. A flock of *Wild
Turkey* were making their way through the picnic area. I spotted a
*Chestnut-backed
Chickadee* fly into its cavity nest and several *Hermit Thrush* were
singing.

For more information on this location, read the self-guided trip
<ttps://scvas.org/self-guided-birding/live-oak-group-area-in-anderson-county-park-year-roundnbspnbsppicnic-with-the-wood-ducks>
.

ebird list: https://ebird.org/checklist/S83671590

Eve Meier
Happy Birding!