Date: 3/19/21 9:56 am
From: Allen Chartier <amazilia3...>
Subject: Re: [humband] Re: [birders] Interesting hummingbird paper
Jim,

One of my hummer-hosts does this, walking around and vacuuming up from her
48 feeders! I have very rarely seen honeybees on hummingbird feeders. I
suspect that all the other stinging insects are much more aggressive so
they stay away. One exception was when I had a couple thousand honeybees on
one saucer-type feeder that likely was a swarming event which does not
occur very often where they could get at feeders (unless you have a
bee-keeper in your neighborhood).

Allen T. Chartier
Inkster, Michigan
Email: <amazilia3...>