Date: 3/19/21 9:53 am
From: Allen Chartier <amazilia3...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Interesting hummingbird paper
Janet,

In my experience, the vast majority of the insects that visit hummingbird
feeders are non-native yellowjackets, but native Bald-faced Hornets are
also frequent. The saucer-type feeders are harder for the wasps and hornets
to feed on, but sometimes they end up crawling into the feeder and floating
(until they're dead) in the sugar water. There are some saucer type feeders
with slits instead of holes.

Allen T. Chartier
Inkster, Michigan
Email: <amazilia3...>