Date: 3/18/21 11:25 pm
From: 'Edie Britt' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: RE: Fwd: [birders] Catbirds

Whew.
On Friday, March 19, 2021 Comcast <bet110...> wrote:

Begin forwarded message:

From: Comcast <bet110...>
Date: March 19, 2021 at 1:33:08 AM EDT
To: Edie Britt <wovenwoman...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Catbirds

Edie, I must apologize to you and the “Catbirds”! I had misread your message and had thought you were referring to “Cowbirds”! I hope they are not of the same elk!So, I stand corrected.
-B

On Mar 18, 2021, at 8:30 PM, Edie Britt <wovenwoman...> wrote:

Dear Bruce, I had no idea that catbirds did that. Shades of brown headed cowbirds.
I think I'm a little less enchanted by them now.
Thanks
Edie.

On Thursday, March 18, 2021 Bruce Tanner <bet110...> wrote:

They like 'taking over' other birds nests, even before the fledglings leave. Have patience. I have notice one at our feeders in Okemos twice so far in recent weeks.

On 03/18/21 5:07 PM, 'Edie Britt' via Birders wrote:

I love the little gray catbird. Up until last summer I had one or two families nesting in my blue spruce in the backyard. Last summer....nothing.
Can anyone recommend ways to attract these talkative little fellas back to my yard? Food/Seed, bushes. Etc
I'll have my small fountain going this year, maybe that will help?
Thanks.
Edie.
Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<823724623.2681303.1616101674298...>