Date: 3/18/21 10:46 am
From: Mary Nemecek <0000000585d83684-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: Trumpeter Swan - Crooked Neck!!

Paul McKenzie photographed, maybe this exact bird, earlier this year. It is really identical to what you captured.  I sent Paul's photos to Dave Hoffman with Iowa DNR, who handles the Trumpeter Swan program and he said he would lean toward a neck injury.  He's only had experience with one swan like this and had a neck injury at a young age.
for what it's worth.
MaryKCMO

"One planet, one experiment."  -Edward O. Wilson