Date: 3/17/21 7:00 pm
From: Dianne & Steve Kinder <000000023c9fba03-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: In a lighter vein

I don't know how many times Larry Lade and I have spotted a Leaf Bird up in a tree! Probably the best, or worst, though was the "Cow Chip" bird at Quivira NWR. We were scanning a Praire Dog town for Burrowing Owls and there was a dried cow pile that had been turned up on it's side. Looked very "Owl Like" for a little while. Fun to remember those kind of things!
Steve Kinder

On Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 04:45:18 PM CDT, Dorcas Wanner <dewanner...> wrote:

WARNING: This message has originated from an External Source. This may be a phishing expedition that can result in unauthorized access to our IT System. Please use proper judgment and caution when opening attachments, clicking links, or responding to this email.Years ago in one of Bill Rowe's classes, on a field trip, he trained his scope on a duck far out on a pond. He invited each of us to look and identify the duck. We each dutifully looked and made our best guess. There were 8 or 10 of us. After much discussion,  someone became suspicious.  Sure enough it was a decoy!

ABA Birding Code of Ethics