Date: 3/17/21 6:37 pm
From: <jstewart...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] Flame Colored Tanager in Kitsap County
Well, that clarified everything.

Jan Stewart

922 E Spruce Street

Sequim, WA 98382-3518

<jstewart...>

From: Tweeters <tweeters-bounces...> On Behalf Of B B
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 6:27 PM
To: <rogermoyer1...>; Roger Moyer <rogermoyer1...>; Tweeters <tweeters...>

My guideline is that if the observer does not have an appreciation that the species is rare and explains why it is the rare species and not a similar or more common one, it is unlikely to be the rarity...not impossible but highly unlikely. An increasing number of erroneous ID's are related to online identification programs that should include a geographical interface that would add something like "very unlikely at this time and place". All that said, we all learn through errors and birders should be encouraged to consider the rareness but not discouraged to try to ID all they see. A friend stated it this way: "Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate."

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android <https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&af_wl=ym&af_sub1=Internal&af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&af_sub3=EmailSignature>

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 6:12 PM, Roger Moyer

<rogermoyer1...> <mailto:<rogermoyer1...> > wrote:

Ebird list a pair of Flame Colored Tanagers n Kitsap County. Is this a valid sightinh?

Roger Moyer

Chehalis, WA