Date: 3/17/21 4:03 pm
From: Tim Kavan <tkavan_76...>
Subject: Re: Black-necked Stilts -- Pemiscot Countty

Reading Mr Jones' report as I was walking out the office door prompted me to take the back roads home today. Riding through New Madrid county on County road 713 I observed plenty of shorebirds out and about in the shallow flooded fields left behind after today's rain event. I was able to pick up almost all the early arrivals(pectoral, yellowlegs (greater and lesser), dowitcher, but no stilts. I did see 1 least sandpiper and hundreds of American golden plovers. Several teal and shovelers hanging around too. This area will be a good hangout for several days with the river rising the water will be trapped on these sites. Highway P will most likely be under water by the weekend if the gates remain closed down at New Madrid. Happy birding

Sent from my iPhone