Date: 3/17/21 12:44 pm
From: Lisa D. Walker, (Feather Forestwalker) <feather...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] River Park Birding
Spent a brief time at River Park this morning with my mom. At her house
two Cassin's Kingbirds were calling from two places in her yard and then
chased off two others out over the hills and did not return. So we went to
River Park.

Violet-green Swallows are swarming that Kiwani's Lake area right now....
they were silent as they flew over the fields and 'lake' hunting for
insects.

A single Say's Phoebe was present near the rear bathrooms.

Four Western Bluebirds, 8 Western Meadowlarks, 6 Cassin's Kingbirds,
numerous House Finches, a single Red-winged Blackbird, numerous Brewer's
Blackbirds, American Coots, Mallards, a few Ruddy Ducks, a Pied-billed
Grebe, some domestic ducks, a Great Egret, a Lincoln's Sparrow, four Common
Yellowthroats, an old Red-tailed Hawk with a long, overshot bill, (one of
the female Western Bluebirds also had an overshot bill), Black Phoebes,
Yellow-rumped Warblers, Eurasian Collared Doves, American Crows, another
Red-tailed Hawk. I could hear Red-shouldered Hawks calling from near the
river itself.

I also heard a bird I could not identify and cannot describe its call now.
I hope we can go back tomorrow morning and maybe this time I will see it.

Happy Birding!

Lisa

--
Lisa D Walker-Roseman,

Fort Bragg, CA (In Lompoc for the duration)

View/Reply Online (#32155): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/32155
-=-=-
-=-=-
Group Owner: main+<owner...>