Date: 3/17/21 12:23 pm
From: Lisa Saffell <lesfstl...>
Subject: Fwd: In a lighter vein....

This reminds of a funny story. My sister and I were in Yellowstone vacationing and after many days of lots of photography and lots of searching for wild animals, which there is no shortage of, we headed to the airport. One thing we hadn’t seen on this trip was an Owl. On a curvy road to nowhere I suddenly slammed on the brakes and made a quick U turn. My sister, wide eyed and clinging to the door handle, said what did you see? An Owl I exclaimed all excited. I stopped on the side of the road pretty far back so as not scare it. It was perched on the top of a telephone pole. This was before I had invested in binoculars so the only thing I was using was my long camera lens. We took some photos and since it hadn’t moved decided to drive a little closer. We proceeded to do this about three times before I realized it hadn’t moved because it was a decoy! I’ve been fooled more than once Kelly!

Lisa Saffell, St. Louis