Date: 3/17/21 9:46 am
From: 'Mike Sefton' via Birders <birders...>
Subject: [birders] Tonight: Delisting Wolves is free Washtenaw Audubon program, Wednesday, March 17, 7:30pm, online via Zoom, all invited
Birders and friends,

Please join us tonight for the free Zoom program below. Membership in Washtenaw Audubon is not required.

Wednesday, March 17, 7:10PM (A Zoom Online Program)

The Delisting of the Gray Wolf: A Conservation’s Call to Action

Gray Wolves were delisted by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services in the entire lower 48 states, effective January 4, 2021. Given that the Gray Wolf has viable populations in only a handful of states, this seems to be an effort to prevent, not encourage, further recovery of a still endangered species. Join Washtenaw Audubon's Conservation Chair, Cathy Theisen, DVM, to examine why this unusual and scientifically unsound interpretation of the Endangered Species Act should be of concern to conservationists, birders and wildlife watchers everywhere. Zoom link below:

https://umich.zoom.us/j/99877609593
Or dial-in: +1 312 626 6799
Meeting ID: 998 7760 9593
No password

Tune in at 7:10pm to chat with other members of the birding community before the program begins at 7:30pm. This program is free and open to the public. Membership is not required, though we would welcome your membership to help with our environmental and educational activities. In addition to the program, hear news of the latest critter sightings and field trips, and enjoy tasty virtual snacks following the program. For more information on free Washtenaw Audubon programs and field trips, go to
www.washtenawaudubon.org

Hope to see you online Wednesday night at 7:30pm.

Mike Sefton
Washtenaw Audubon
Ann Arbor

Washtenaw Audubon's Statement on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The birds Washtenaw Audubon pledges to protect differ in color, size, behavior, geographical preference, and countless other ways. As we honor and celebrate the equally remarkable diversity of the human species, Washtenaw Audubon considers the work of inclusion, diversity, and equity a top priority moving forward. We hope that, in doing so, we can bring new creativity and energy to our work in Washtenaw County and beyond for birds and people alike.
Respect, inclusion, and opportunity for people of all backgrounds, lifestyles, and perspectives will attract the best ideas and harness the greatest passion to shape a healthier, more vibrant future for all of us who share our planet. We believe that protecting and conserving nature and the environment transcends political, cultural, and social boundaries. As an organization, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our board, volunteers, members, and supporters.
As an organization, Washtenaw Audubon strives to create a sense of community where all people can feel safe to explore nature and experience the wonder of birds.
We respect the individuality of each member of our community, and welcome all without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, national or ethnic origin, politics, or veteran status, or any other status.
All are welcome to bird with us, learn with us, and to share our passion for birds and the environment.

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<8D61D49D-BE0A-43B1-8EE6-98BC095847D9...>

Join us on Facebook!