Date: 3/17/21 9:45 am
From: Stuart Sparkman <jacamar29...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Shrike at Saylorville
Hey I-Birders,

Karen, Harney, and I were pleasantly surprised to encounter a NORTHERN
SHRIKE this morning at Red Feather Prairie (SE shore of Saylorville
Reservoir, Polk Co.). We first heard the bird vocalize for about 30
seconds and then it appeared at the top of a tree near the kiosk at the
southernmost point of the trail. It gave its short harsh call for nearly
two minutes as we watched, then departed to the NE and disappeared across
the prairie.

Good Birding,

Stuart Sparkman
NW Des Moines