Date: 3/16/21 1:08 pm
From: John Deacon via groups.io <iseekbirds...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Los Alamos Park and Cemetary
All:
I birded Barka Slough this morning and found nothing but the expected species.  I decided to check in on Los Alamos to see if anything interesting was happening there.  At Los Alamos Park, I was overwhelmed by the number of Acorn Woodpeckers (as usual).  However, near the caretakers trailer I found 2, and possibly more, Varied Thrushes wolfing down berries and singing their rusty gate song.  Had it not been so windy, audio recordings would have been possible.
After that, I quickly birded the Los Alamos Cemetery and found a couple of nice Chipping Sparrows.  This has to be the most beautiful and bucolic cemetery in the County.  And it usually has pretty good birds.
Marginal pics along with the checklists may be found here.
My eBird - eBird

John Deacon
<iseekbirds...>

View/Reply Online (#32154): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/32154