Date: 3/14/21 5:18 pm
From: zach schwartz-weinstein <zachsw...>
Subject: Re: [hmbirds] possible Pink-footed Goose, Saratoga lake
Continuing the ID discussion - Tom Johnson contacted me and agrees that
this is likely the ON/PA bird. Tundra/Taiga is a messy ID but that bird
seems to have been accepted as Tundra by most. The fairly strong grin
patch and shortish bill with limited orange should point towards Tundra
over Taiga. (NYSARC may have to rule on this one.) Pink-footed goose is
smaller than this bird, with a shorter bill, darker breast, grayer back,
and whiter tail. Kudos to David DiSiena for initially finding this bird
and to Gregg and Cathy for relocating it and getting IDable photos. This
is a first state record.

--
Zach Schwartz-Weinstein
203 500 7774