Date: 3/14/21 9:10 am
From: Headrick, Linda <headrickl...>
Subject: Barred Owl and Blue jays

Yesterday morning I was greeted by a beautiful barred owl in a tree between our house and the surrounding woods. Several blue jays were nearby. Over a few minutes, the owl moved to three different perches, each time followed by the blue jays. Does anyone have any thoughts about these behaviors? Thanks!

Linda A. Headrick, MD, MS, FACP
Professor Emerita of Medicine
University of Missouri School of Medicine
One Hospital Drive, MA432
Columbia, MO 65212
Email: <HeadrickL...><mailto:<HeadrickL...>