Date: 3/13/21 10:51 am
From: Diane Constable <oakwoodfcr...>
Subject: Re: [birders] Owlet removed
I hope the owls will be safe and away from photographers who dont have the
wellbeing of birds in mind. I see way too many photos of these owls-and
other birds- who are obviously in stress/defense mode and people oooh and
aaahhh at the photos of an 'animated' bird -no it is scared and trying to
defend it's life, family, and home.
Some (NOT ME) photographers go as far as to entice the bird into 'action'
shots and/or bait it with food to get the 'wow' photo all the time
stressing or offering food that can be very detrimental to the bird.

Diane Constable
<oakwoodfcr...>

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/great-lakes.net/d/msgid/birders/<CADMMhgKnSmoLsDDWUprD44Hcde3JQzNQvUPFVhXZQXD2Z1mAeA...>