Date: 3/12/21 8:12 pm
From: Tom Koch <helpmerhonda1...>
Subject: [wisb] Re: Reporting nest sites
How do you document the activity- in a nest 50+ feet in the air? What types of things do people do to disturb a nest 50+ feet up?
I don’t believe that this is a group that has people in it that would disturb a nest to the extent that a bird would abandon, but it is good there are people that feel that strongly to protect them.
....speaking of a birds well-being.....I have been meaning to tell this story.....last year my family was taking a walk just on the outskirts of downtown Milwaukee last year when we came across a house finch on the sidewalk, obviously on the verge of death. My 23 year old daughter bent down to take a look, and was obviously upset. We continued on to the grocery store. On the way back , the bird was still there and she couldn’t pass it up. I sighed and said let’s get going. She asked my wife if she could drive her and the dying bird down to her place of work- the Milwaukee Humane Society- so that they could put the bird down and end its suffering. And that’s what they did. If any of you visit the Milwaukee Humane Society, and you admire what she did, say ‘hi’ to my daughter Lainey. Though I don’t think I would go to the extent she went to, I am very proud of my daughters passion for animals.

Tom Koch.............
Sent from my iPad