Date: 3/12/21 7:09 pm
From: Lisa Saffell <lesfstl...>
Subject: Barred Owl

I was sitting here at my desk catching up on emails when I heard a very unusual sound, a Barred Owl. I have never heard a Barred Owl in my neighborhood. I was recently given a gift of some not so shabby Infra Red Binoculars that will take photos and video. Perfect time to try them out! I grabbed them and stepped out on my front porch and started scanning the trees in the direction I heard it. Within about 30 seconds it flew to a closer tree and sat on a lower limb completely unobstructed. Just as I turned on the IR the owl looked in my direction and the eyes lit up like two little beacon’s in the night. I was fumbling with the buttons trying to figure out how to snap a photo when my neighbor pulled into his driveway and the Owl flew away. Very exciting! I hope it sticks around, I love the sound of a Barred Owl.

Lisa Saffell, St. Louis County