Date: 3/12/21 9:01 am
From: Diane Dentlinger <dianedentlinger...>
Subject: Re: [ia-bird] help with sighting
Jill, unfortunately when I was at Gray's Lake this morning I couldn't
relocate the bird you saw. As I was scanning about 30 ring-billed gulls on
the point next to the beach, I did see one noticeably larger gull which I
took to be a herring gull (larger gull, large yellow bill with a red spot,
pink legs). I also took a quick look at the ponds on the east side of
Waterworks Park but didn't see your bird there either.
Diane Dentlinger
Des Moines