Date: 3/12/21 8:32 am
From: Jim Durbin <bugmugger187...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Bal Eagles
Just a reminder that if you see an eagle nest while out wandering, either
report to me or go to the URL below to report. I forward all inputs to
Stephanie Shepherd at the DNR. The link will take you to the DNR site and
you can report the nest direct.
https://www.iowadnr.gov/Conservation/Iowas-Wildlife/Wildlife-Reporting

Also when out, if you take photos of insects, I would like to have people
either submit the photos and locations to the insectsifiowa.org website or
you can use the identification program that is on the home page to help
identify the insect. If you take a lot of pictures, you can contact me and
we can work out a way to load to the website. Photos do not need to be
sorted, only have date and location to be useful.

Stephanie is also working with a regional group that is starting to look at
moths that might need to go on a list of protected species.

Spring is coming.

Jim Durbin
1460 Douglas Court
Marion Ia 52302