Date: 3/11/21 12:09 pm
From: 'Jill Armentrout' via IA-BIRD <ia-bird...>
Subject: [ia-bird] help with sighting
I was at Gray’s Lake this morning and saw almost white big bird flying around the west side of the lake. It wasn’t too high up, I really thought it could be a snowy owl because of the size. I only saw the underside but it appeared all white except for a black tip on the right wing, large cylinder body and short head/neck & tail, big oval wings. I wondered if it could be a Glaucous Gull? I was trying to hang on to my two siberian Huskies and lost it quickly. Could it possibly be a snowy heading back north? Thanks for any help!

Jill Armentrout
Des Moines, IA