Date: 3/11/21 7:10 am
From: Scott Varney <scottvarney1968...>
Subject: [hmbirds] Killdeer at Schuylerville school!
Spring is definitely making an appearance today. Found 1 very vocal
Killdeer on the Turf Field today at 8:55 AM as I was outside teaching my
students about Mendelian Genetics and Inheritance of Alleles. All of my
students were happy to hear the bird as I pointed out that its presence was
a sign of Spring!

At Hudson Crossing, the trail entrance next to the big gravel parking lot
is hosting a very loud Carolina Wren right next to the outhouse.

The river at Hudson Crossing is the stage for several Bufflehead performing
their awesome courtship displays, with their heads flipping back toward
their tails and their feet kicking up a splash of water over their backs
all while making their "peent" calls.

Happy Birding,

Scott Varney
Salem, NY