Date: 2/22/21 9:23 pm
From: Lisa Ruby via groups.io <lbruby1...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] ID help with Duck from Poway Creek
Hi,

I birded Poway Creek rather late today from 11:30 until around 2:30. I
found this duck just west of the east bridge off Soule Street. Could
this have been a Mexican Duck or a Mallard x Mexican?

https://tinyurl.com/lhhmtuvx

There was also a male Hooded Merganser in the same area that wasn't
visible most of the time. I saw it when it did a very short flight out
of and back into the reeds.

I had a couple of other somewhat interesting birds.
Wondering if this might have been a Myrtle Yellow-rumped Warbler. Photo
was at a bad angle, and it was the only one I could get. It's chin
looked pretty white when I was watching it fly around and seems rather
white in the photo. Not sure what else to look for at this angle.

https://tinyurl.com/3x96e5fp

And I had this pair of Red-shouldered Hawks, one of which had a very
light face, and the chest and belly look a bit different than that of
its mate:

https://tinyurl.com/z0unrybj

Lisa Ruby
Sabre Springs

--
Lisa Ruby
Sabre Springs

View/Reply Online (#12073): https://groups.io/g/SanDiegoRegionBirding/message/12073
-=-=-
---
The monthly meetings of San Diego Field Ornithologists (SDFO) are currently virtual, open only to members, at 6pm on the third Tuesday of every month. For the most up-to-date info, look for the most recent meeting announcement in The Skimmer.
---
-=-=-

Join us on Facebook!