Date: 2/22/21 6:07 pm
From: Ryan Shackleton <shack357...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Interesting partridge behavior
Between Colwell and Alta Vista tonight I had several birds fly off the road, one at a time, just in time to keep me from hitting them. One held enough for mw to slow down and get an ID, turns out they were partridges on the lines-one on the centerline, the rest on the edge lines. Just getting out of rhe snow, or a nice flat place to sleep?

Ryan Shackleton
Alta Vista. Ia
Chickasaw County