Date: 2/22/21 4:42 pm
From: S Dhar <sandeep.dhar...>
Subject: Re: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Zone-tailed Hawk in Sabre Springs
The zone tailed hawk that Lisa reported yesterday is still in the area. I
mistook it for a turkey vulture when I saw it at distance yesterday - and
not too long after that I saw Lisa's posting. Today I was able to see it
once in the morning ~here (32.93200416845686, -117.10771392712473) - it
came close enough that with the naked eye I could make out the white band
on the tail. Just saw it 10 mins ago in the same general area as yesterday
- the open space between Poway Rd and Scripps Pwy Pkwy
(~ 32.929338681713794, -117.09998916569315)

-S

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 5:05 PM Lisa Ruby via groups.io <lbruby1=
<protonmail.com...> wrote:

> I just had a Zone-tailed Hawk soar over the open space hill in Sabre
> Springs South. It went over the hill toward the southeast from here. No
> photos. Unfortunately don't have my camera with me.
>
> Lisa Ruby
> Sabre Springs
>

> Sent from ProtonMail mobile
>

> --
> Lisa Ruby
> Sabre Springs

View/Reply Online (#12071): https://groups.io/g/SanDiegoRegionBirding/message/12071
-=-=-
---
The monthly meetings of San Diego Field Ornithologists (SDFO) are currently virtual, open only to members, at 6pm on the third Tuesday of every month. For the most up-to-date info, look for the most recent meeting announcement in The Skimmer.
---
-=-=-

Join us on Facebook!