Date: 2/22/21 3:02 pm
From: Chuq Von Rospach via groups.io <chuqui...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Bandit Goose
We request that banded birds, especially if you get the number, be reported to the bird banding lab:

https://www.usgs.gov/centers/pwrc/science/bird-banding-laboratory?qt-science_center_objects=0#qt-science_center_objects

they'll usually know who the researcher is and get the data is. you'll often get back a nice thanks and some info on the bird from the researchers. It's really helpful for them to get these reports.

---------------------------------------

Chuq Von Rospach http://www.chuq.me
Email: <chuqui...>
Twitter: @chuq
Silicon Valley, California
On Feb 22, 2021, 2:55 PM -0800, Oliver Zhang <BLACKROCKARTSTUDIO...>, wrote:
> Hi birders.
>
> I am not sure if I should ask this in the group, so please bear with me.
>
> This Cackling Goose was spotted on Feb 20, 2021, in the Hayward Regional Shoreline, there is a light blue-colored band on the neck read 1NN. Does this mean anything to anybody?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Oliver

View/Reply Online (#23776): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23776
-=-=-