Date: 2/22/21 1:07 pm
From: James P Smith <keenbirder...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Hinsdale - Rough-legged Hawk
Greetings birders,

This morning I came across a lovely light morph Rough-legged Hawk while
driving north towards Hinsdale along Rt 63 (Northfield Road). Fortunately I
was able to pull completely off the road and grab a few pics from the
roadside while it hunted successfully. I'm not at all sure about birder
access other than viewing from the roadside and did not enter the farmland
(Patterson Farm I think).

Here's a few images of the bird and a map of the general location;

http://pioneerbirding.blogspot.com/2021/02/nh-rough-legged-hawk-in-hinsdale.html

Good birding,

James
http://pioneerbirding.blogspot.com/