Date: 2/22/21 12:47 pm
From: Bill Bousman <barlowi...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Guadalupe River, Thamien Park to Trimble Road
Folks:

This morning, 2/22/21, I started at Thamien Park on the Guadalupe River,
crossed over to the east levee and walked to Trimble Road and returned
by the west levee.  Immediately downstream of Trimble on the west levee,
I saw a WILSON'S WARBLER.  It had quite a bit of dark matting on its
throat, presumably from feeding on the local eucalypts.  Based on the
county notebooks, wintering Wilson's are found from about 11 Oct to 19
Mar.  Over the years we have encountered five or six birds during this
winter period.  Late March brings the spring arrivals plus ongoing
migrants in large numbers.

Bill Bousman
Menlo Park

View/Reply Online (#23774): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/23774