Date: 2/22/21 11:17 am
From: Crawford, Priscilla H. <prill...>
Subject: Ornithology Student Profiles
Hello OK Birders,

As part of the Celebrating Human Diversity project through BioBlitz! OK, I have started highlighting the diversity of students working in Oklahoma in field biology, ecology, and conservation biology. Several of the highlighted students are studying birds. You might be interested in reading their profiles and learning about them and their work:

Nu Perera - currently working on social network structures of wintering Chestnut-collared longspurs
https://biosurvey.ou.edu/nu-perera/

Luis Cueto - part of a project that sought to analyze the speciation history of Bay-backed Antpitta (Grallaria hypoleuca) in the Andes
https://biosurvey.ou.edu/luiscueto/

Meelyn Mayank Pandit - studying how dehydration affects bird song at Sandy Sanders WMA
https://biosurvey.ou.edu/meelyn-mayank-pandit/

Also, if you know of other biology students working in Oklahoma, at any school, that might be interested in being highlighted, please tell them to email me!

Thanks!
Priscilla

----
Priscilla Crawford, Ph.D.
Conservation Biologist
she/her

Oklahoma Biological Survey
Oklahoma Natural Areas Registry
University of Oklahoma

call or text: 405-889-7188
<prill...><mailto:<prill...>

priscillacrawford.com
biosurvey.ou.edu/bioblitzok
biosurvey.ou.edu/oklahoma-natural-areas-registry

Join us on Facebook!