Date: 2/22/21 11:17 am
From: Pamela Moyer <silvereagle...>
Subject: [birders] Carolina Wrens
Birders greetings,

I have the honor of experiencing Carolina Wren, which is a first in my
lifetime! I began hearing them sing about this time last year wondering
what bird it was. It took a while and I figured it out although had no
sightings, only hearing it sing.

This very bitter winter what I had seen in photos of a Carolina wren showed
up on my porch checking out an old robin nest that was in perfect condition.
I had found this nest last year some animal had dumped it and eaten the eggs
there were shells on the ground, the nest was unsoiled and perfect so I
salvaged it and put on my porch.

Two Carolina wrens were ditching into the Robin nest every evening about an
hour before dusk in this frigid weather.

Today I got one on my ring camera video its so wonderful!

Pam

Northern Tuscola County

Cass River Territory

Birders is a service of the Great Lakes Commission. Visit us at www.glc.org