Date: 2/22/21 10:43 am
Subject: Re: Cedar Waxwings Chapel Hill NC
I also saw a large flock of Cedar Waxwings exhibiting the same behavior -
hanging out in a stand of pines that were diving in small groups to sip
water from the edge of a small stream on my property in the Morgan Creek
area of Chapel Hill. I wondered if Waxwings have a special liking for
running water (more than other birds).
Paula
Chapel Hill, NC

On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 9:14 PM F Wilkinson <carolinabirds...> wrote:

> I saw them do the same early this year at Mason Farm near the water
> treatment plant when you first turn on to the road.
>
> On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 11:58 AM Loren Hintz <ldhintz...>
> wrote:
>
>> This winter I have been seeing Cedar Waxwings almost every day I go on a
>> walk. Today along Morgan Creek I saw something for the first time. As a
>> flock of about 50 hung out in several trees between 2 and 10 birds would
>> fly to the bank of the creek or on a tiny gravel island, sip water and then
>> fly back to their perch.
>> Loren
>>
>> From Loren Hintz Chapel Hill, NC
>>
> --