Date: 2/22/21 10:11 am
From: Monacell, Peter <plmonacell...>
Subject: Re: Ferruginous hawk continues

Cheryl Rosenfeld just sent me photos of the continuing Ferruginous Hawk. During the last couple of hours, it has perched in a tree and on top of a light post in the MU Beef Research Farm, as well as on a fence post on the north side of Sugar Grove Road just east of R-1 Lake. Cheryl says that it’s currently eating some kind of prey (but not a cow) on a light post at the Beef Research Farm.

Good birding everyone,
Pete

Pete Monacell,
Jefferson City

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 16:55 Monacell, Peter <plmonacell...><mailto:<plmonacell...>> wrote:

About 30 minutes ago I relocated the Ferruginous Hawk on a utility pole just west of R1 Lake (off of Sugar Grove Rd). It flew to a fence post to the north of the road a little west of R1 Lake, where it sat for a while before flying north over the South Farm headquarters area. And just now it flew southeast right over R1Lake! Photos on eBird later.

Pete

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 20, 2021, at 1:15 PM, Media.com <edgew...><mailto:<edgew...>> wrote:

CAUTION!: This email originated from outside of Columbia College.

Thank you, Peter, for reporting to Mobirds.� All birders are encouraged to report sightings on the listserve so others may have up to date information.� eBird reports do not show until one hour after submission.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO
<edgew...><mailto:<edgew...>