Date: 2/22/21 9:34 am
From: sharon kearns <skwalks...>
Subject: Audubon moment in Hillsboro
My neighbor, my husband Larry and I were enjoying a morning snowstorm walk
when I heard the sounds of Killdeer and looked and saw a large contingent
of shorebirds circling and flying around the nearby wetlands. They flew up
and across about forty feet above us in the storm with others following.
There were approximately 70 birds in the flock with a few larger darker
birds accompanied by the many smaller birds. No bins or camera or phone,
boo hoo. There was also a smaller group of seven that were circling low
later on, did not ebird those. I will carry phone at least from now on!
Other than beaches, I have never seen that many shorebird type flying
together. I am sorry I couldn’t I D any but the sounds of the Killdeer.
Sharon Kearns
Hillsboro, Pocahontas County, WV

Join us on Facebook!