Date: 2/22/21 9:03 am
From: 'Ann Gurka' via Arlington Birds <arlingtonbirds...>
Subject: Re: [Arlington Birds] Duck id
Hi Kandy,
This looks like the female Common Goldeneye that has been in the Mystic River over the last few weeks.
Ann Gurka Watertown MA

Sent from the all new Aol app for iOS

On Monday, February 22, 2021, 10:17 AM, Kandy Rathinasamy <kr1484...> wrote:

Hello all,
I saw a dark headed duck on the Aberjona river (Davidson park) in Winchester yesterday. Picture from my phone attached - I didn't have my binoculars or birding camera. White belly and armpits. Seemed to have a whitish band on the neck. There didn't seem to be any teal markings on the head. It appeared a bit larger than green-winged teal that were in the area (but this one stayed away from the 2 teal). Any suggestions for what this is?
Thanks,KandyWinchester, MA

--
Group home page:
https://mrines.com/Birds/Arlington/