Date: 2/22/21 7:46 am
From: Lisa D. Walker, (Feather Forestwalker) <feather...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] thirty + Cassin's Kingbirds
In recent weeks, I have seen only a pair of them near my mother's home.
The other day I saw six. This morning there are more than 30 individual
birds and they are flocking around an old ivy vine that has been allowed to
grow wild. At first I thought they were eating insects. They are eating the
ivy berries! One American Robin, a Northern Mockingbird, several House
Finches, European Starlings and a single California Towhee were all
gathered back there with the kingbirds, gorging on berries. I have never
seen so many kingbirds in one location before! In Crestview Terrace,
Lompoc.

Lisa D Walker-Roseman

--
Lisa D Walker-Roseman,

Fort Bragg, CA (In Lompoc for the duration)

View/Reply Online (#32064): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/32064
-=-=-
-=-=-
Group Owner: main+<owner...>