Date: 2/22/21 7:17 am
From: Kandy Rathinasamy <kr1484...>
Subject: [Arlington Birds] Duck id
Hello all,

I saw a dark headed duck on the Aberjona river (Davidson park) in
Winchester yesterday. Picture from my phone attached - I didn't have my
binoculars or birding camera. White belly and armpits. Seemed to have a
whitish band on the neck. There didn't seem to be any teal markings on the
head. It appeared a bit larger than green-winged teal that were in the area
(but this one stayed away from the 2 teal). Any suggestions for what this
is?

Thanks,
Kandy
Winchester, MA