Date: 2/22/21 7:17 am
From: Doug Ward <dougward...>
Subject: [cobirds] Great Horned Owl, SW Denver, Denver Co.
Leave it to the crows and jays to let you know something is going down in
the neighborhood. This morning (Mon., Feb.22'21) the ruckus surrounded a
GREAT HORNED OWL which has decided to spend the "night" in our neighbor's
spruce. This is the first for us here at the house (Athmar Park
neighborhood, SW Denver, Denver Co.), and with the crows now distracted with
the next threat, he (smallish, so guessing a male) has settled in for the
day which is a fun distraction for us.

Also still around is an immature HARRIS'S SPARROW which first showed up back
in November, so with the rest of our regulars, will be a fun day.

Good Birding,

Doug

Denver

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/006401d7092d%24c1bfa6a0%24453ef3e0%<24...>