Date: 2/22/21 6:30 am
From: Patrizia Sione <ps39...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Dead birds under the thistle feeder
Hello all,

In the course of the past 10 days, we have discovered a dead bird under a feeder in three separate occasions, the latest this morning. No apparent injury. The thistle is fresh (it goes pretty quickly) and we keep the feeders clean and sanitized. We called the Cornell hospital but they did not accept our request to have a necropsy conducted on the birds (we kept two of them in a sealed freezer bag outside). We have decals and nets outside our windows to prevent birds from hitting them.

Any ideas about what could be causing this and how to prevent it from happening again? It is the first time it has ever happened to us in the 10 years we’ve lived in our present location, and all this time we’ve fed birds.

Many thanks,
Patrizia Sione

ARCHIVES:

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/