Date: 2/22/21 4:04 am
From: Bruce via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Crossbill observation- Hammo
Cool!

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application

-----Original Message-----

From: <ctbirds...>
To: <simon.nuhn...>
Cc: <ctbirds...>
Sent: 2021-02-21 9:53:35 PM

2/21 - Hammonassett: I too along with my daughter observed my first
Connecticut Crossbills this morning. They were in a pine tree on the road
to the East Area parking lot. I stayed in the road and took some pictures
while others ventured closer, but like warblers, the Crossbills paid no
attention to the 8 or so photographers but went about their business,
flitting from pine cone to pine cone. As for my photos, I got some
beautiful in-focus shots of pine needles and pine cones but no Crossbill
save for one lone bird attacking a pine cone that on closer examination
turned out to be a Chickadee.