Date: 2/22/21 3:35 am
Subject: Re: Whats the story with reporting Egyptian Goose?
eBird has a set of guidelines for reviewers about where exotics should and
should not be validated. At this time, Egyptian Goose is on the no validate
list for NC. eBird will be coming out will a new way of dealing with
exotics on lists soon hopefully.

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 6:27 AM Mary Erickson <carolinabirds...>
wrote:

> I often see them in my daily NC needs alert. Buncombe Co, Lake Julian.
>
> Mary, Hillsborough
>

> Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://overview.mail.yahoo.com/?.src=iOS__;!!OToaGQ!5Dbu0rmVdq-4XmnnkIopdNtnpFDAeh1exqvxvC6u9cUZ6CtemJ67oU7PDrFAI1tnKkk$>
>
> On Sunday, February 21, 2021, 8:38 PM, <badgerboy...> wrote:
>
> Just curious, I have NOT seen one in NC or SC, but I noticed that ebird
> reports of them in NC don't seem to show up on ebird output, but they do
> show up in ebird public output just west of here in Tennessee, and in
> Georgia. Is this a decision, random chance, or is there some difference
> between the sightings that I don't know about.
>
> {{{BTW, I DID a quick web search and found the ABA article from 2014 so
> please don't recommend that--it did not seem to help.}}}
>
> Thanks, Guy McGrane, Boone NC
>

> --
Dwayne
Dwayne Martin