Thank you for subscribing to the <daily> Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert.The report below shows observations of rare birds in Santa Barbara County. View or unsubscribe to this alert at https://ebird.org/alert/summary?sid=SN35915 NOTE: all sightings are UNCONFIRMED unless indicated.
eBird encourages our users to bird safely, responsibly, and mindfully. Please follow the recommendations of your local health authorities and respect any active travel restrictions in your area. For more information visit: https://ebird.org/news/please-bird-mindfully
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker (Sphyrapicus varius) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Feb 19, 2021 08:14 by Mark Holmgren
- Sedgwick Reserve (restricted access), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-120.0405478&<ll...>,-120.0405478 - Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S81960919 - Media: 2 Photos, 1 Audio
- Comments: "1st winter female, probably the same bird seen in this area since 6 Jan 2021. White throat completely framed by thick black borders. Crown red, but no red on nape. White barring on back not aligned in nice vertical rows but more disorganized."
Hammond's Flycatcher (Empidonax hammondii) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Feb 18, 2021 10:16 by Libby Patten
- Arroyo Burro Creek, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.7503543&<ll...>,-119.7503543 - Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S81938507 - Comments: "Pale gray empid with light belly and white eye ring. Long primary projection. Seen perched in small oak just east of creek at end of trail. Next to last wide grassy patch. Perched about six feet above ground. Continuing since first found on 1/2/21 by Gage Ricard and refound by many others."