Date: 2/18/21 10:14 pm
From: keith_in_eg via groups.io <keith_ineg...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Leucistic White-crowned Sparrow at Heron's Head 18Feb2021
Hello,

I came across what I believe to be a leucistic White-crowned Sparrow at Heron's Head Park in San Francisco this afternoon, 18Feb2021.  It was associating with a small group of standard WCSPs in the marsh grasses just off the South side of the main path and maybe half way out to the point.  I was taking a photo of the standard variety when this very faded looking bird poked its head above the tops of the grasses nearby.  It was initially facing away from me, but I managed to get a few descent images.  They're attached to this eBird checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S81903200

And yes, the Rock Sandpiper was present.  It's always fun to go out there and see if I can find it without any assistance or clues - like a Where's Waldo!

Best,

Keith Gress
El Granada