Date: 2/16/21 11:04 am
From: Robert Lindsay <thisisroblindsay...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Around Goleta, Tuesday morning
Birded several spots around Goleta this morning. Mostly both diversity and numbers of even common birds were low. Went to five different spots but only a few things of note to report.
Lake Los Carneros has at least half a dozen Tree Swallows foraging over the lake (which I noticed for the first time last Saturday - right on schedule according to Lehman).
Goleta Beach had several Mew Gulls in the only big gull flock along with about 15 Royal Tern. At the platform looking into the channels near the caretakers house, a small mud island has formed that had several Semipalmated Plovers and a Long-billed Dowitcher. Lots of Bufflehead and two Lesser Scaup here. Also at this spot, directly across the near channel was a Yellow-crowned Night Heron, I'm guessing a sub-adult because no yellow was present but the plumage was quite developed. Finally, 7 Great Blue Heron nests in the Eucalyptus across from the east parking lot were occupied.
Looked for Snipe (or anything else interesting) at the Patterson Bridge and upstream along Atascadero Creek but, while birdier than elsewhere this morning, nothing of note.

That's all,
Rob Lindsay

View/Reply Online (#32043): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/32043
-=-=-