Date: 2/12/21 4:56 pm
From: Paul Heveran <birdmeister.paul...>
Subject: Late report: Eurasian Wigeon briefly at Green Lane Reservoir 2/5, Montgomery Co.
Hello PA Birders,

Among a group of wigeons at Green Lane Reservoir back on 2/5, one bird
sported a rich cinnamon head and less contrast than the nearby female
Americans. All the birds had disappeared in about 20 minutes and weren't
seen again. I never got to see them in flight. Based on some reading and
comments from a few very knowledgeable birders, I'm pretty confident this
bird was a female or immature male Eurasian Wigeon.

Photos are in this eBird checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S80461799

I was hoping it would stick around with the cold weather and extensive ice
cover, but all the wigeons were gone within a couple days.

Good birding,
Paul Heveran

Join us on Facebook!